The story of our adventure in Spain



In October 2002 we purchased a holiday flat in Guardamar on Spain's Costa Blanca - not far from Alicante and Torrevieja and we try to spend a good part of the year in Spain.

This blog hopefully will contain our thoughts and impressions of Spain - the good and the bad and lots and lots of photographs of not only Guardamar but the rest of Spain as we eventually get to explore it.

.

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Guardamar - The flag



Not the usual flag to be seen flying from a boat on the Costa Blanca in Spain.


Confederate States I think .. perhaps someone could confirm ? A long way from Dixie

Now tell me Dixie was not part of the Confederacy !!

We are currently listening to a history of the USA  ( in 30 episodes ) that is being broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and very interesting it is .. each episode is 15 minutes long and one episode is broadcast each day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photograph. I like your post today.

I have nothing so special but I did post a scene I photographed in 1954 right after color slide film came out. It is on

TorAa said...

I think you are right.

By the way, here is all the nations flags:
http://www.photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html