The story of our adventure in Spain



In October 2002 we purchased a holiday flat in Guardamar on Spain's Costa Blanca - not far from Alicante and Torrevieja and we try to spend a good part of the year in Spain.

This blog hopefully will contain our thoughts and impressions of Spain - the good and the bad and lots and lots of photographs of not only Guardamar but the rest of Spain as we eventually get to explore it.

.

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Alicante - People on the move.


Early Sunday morning in early September and people on the move down near the sea front in Alicante

You can often find market stalls here selling the usual tourist " stuff " and I notice a couple of Guinness bars have opened recently - I have made a mental note to return and sample some liquid refreshment.

One needs to be wary here and watch for pickpockets or bag snatchers  

Early one morning I had my haversack sprayed with cream -

The would be robber sprays the cream on your bag - you take off the bag and said robber  ( a friendly chap ) offers to help clean your bag - should you let him then  away he goes with all your goodies at a rate of knots.

Luckily I was in such a hurry to catch a bus I did not stop to clean the bag and carried on as fast as I could to the bus stop ..

.

No comments: